Mum’s fright as boy, two, went down for a nap and woke up fighting for his life

A toddler gave his family a horrendous fright when he went down for a nap and woke up fighting for his life.

Two-year-old Arlo was found “completely lifeless” after suffering a freak seizure at his grandparents’ home.

Charlie and Kerry Osborne told how their grandson stirred from his nap after being unwell throughout the night.

Mum Sadie was cuddling the tot when she noticed that his breathing had quickened and asked if he was okay.

In a terrifying turn, the little boy’s eyes rolled into the back of his head and he began having a seizure.

Charlie described the moment he stopped breathing and started to go blue.

The grandmother, from Sancreed in Cornwall, said: “We all really believed he had died. It was terrifying.

“He was laid on the floor completely lifeless. The first thing the 999 controller said was to go and get the nearest defibrillator while Sadie performed CPR on him.

“Of course we all knew there wasn’t one close enough to get. However, fortunately Sadie had got him breathing seconds before the first responder arrived with his defibrillator.”

Arlo made a full recovery but his family have made it their mission to ensure a defibrillator is installed in the village near Penzance.

“It isn’t just older members of the community who might need a defibrillator to save their lives,” they said.

A fundraising page has been set up and so far raised £1,150 of the £2,000 needed to install a defibrillator and protective cabinet outside the village hall.

“About £80 was raised at the Platinum Jubilee Beacon lighting and another £85 at a poetry and music event at the hall, the rest from generous members of the community,” they added.

“In addition, we have managed to find some matched funding. So we now only need to raise a further £850 and we could have a defibrillator in Sancreed Village in just a couple of weeks.”